TOURO UNIVERSITY CALIFORNIA LIBRARY
CURRENT LIBRARY HOURS & OPERATIONS
*Please remember that entrance to the Library requires your TUC electronic access card.*
Check-out of materials, use of computers and printers are available.
RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED FOR STUDY SEATS & ROOMS
LIBRARY HOURS FOR SUMMER 2022
Mondays - Thursdays: 8 am - 8 pm
Fridays: 8 am - 3 pm
Sundays: 2 pm - 8 pm
As usual, all Library e-resources are available online 24/7.
CURRENT RULES & EXPECTATIONS FOR LIBRARY USE (rev. 3/24/22)
*These rules may be revised if campus guidelines change. *
- KN95 or N95 face masks are required at all times while in the Library, including in study rooms with the following two exceptions: Masks do not need to be worn if a library study room or library faculty office is occupied by one person and the door is closed.
- The tables in the Library Study Areas are now available without seating limitations.
- Couches in the Library will temporarily not be available for use because of the difficulty of disinfecting them.
- The 10 Library study rooms may be used by either 1 or 2 persons each. Masks must be worn when library study rooms are occupied by 2 persons. No mask needs to be worn if study room is occupied by 1 person and door is closed.
- Reservations for the Library’s study rooms, study tables, and carrels may be made on the online Library reservation system for up to 4 one-hour blocks per day.
- Library study rooms, tables, carrels may be reserved 1 week in advance.
- Anyone coming to the Library to use a study room, study table, or carrel who has not made a reservation prior to coming to the Library, will be asked to select an available study room, study table or carrel and make a reservation before using the room, carrel, or table. This is in case contact tracing is necessary.
- Users of Library tables, carrels or study rooms are asked to disinfect the Library table space they will be using. The Library has disinfectant supplies available by the Library front entrance.
- Use of the Library computer lab will be limited to 6 persons maximum at one time.
- The vending room is limited to 2 persons at a time.
- No food is allowed in the Library except for closed-container beverages.
- Reference service will continue to be offered via Zoom, e-mail, or by phone
CURRENT LIBRARY SERVICES
MAILING SERVICE: Mailing of print books including print Reserve books is available. Simply email your request to the Library's general address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your mailing address as well as the full title of the book and the edition (if applicable).
RESERVE MATERIALS: If the Library has only one print copy on Reserve, it will be made available for check-out for in-Library use only--not for mailing. Any Reserve materials for which the Library has more than 1 print copy, will be available for mailing with a one-week check-out. Please follow the instructions above under Mailing Service.
RETURN AND RENEWAL OF LIBRARY MATERIALS: All items you have currently checked out may be returned to the Library book-drop located at the front of the Library, or you may mail them back to the Library at the following address: Library, Touro University California, 1310 Club Drive, Vallejo, CA 94592. If you want to renew a book you currently have checked-out, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, and we will be happy to renew the book for you.
INTERLIBRARY LOAN: The Library uses an interlibrary loan service called CLIO. Follow the Interlibrary Loan link under SERVICES to connect to Clio and submit interlibrary loan (article, book chapter, and print book) requests.
REFERENCE: Reference continues to be available only through Zoom, email, or phone. To find your subject librarian, visit the LIBRARY DIRECTORY or send an email to our general Library address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ELECTRONIC RESOURCES: To access TUC's electronic resources (ebooks, databases, online journals, streaming films) from off campus, please make sure to link to them from the Library Catalog, A-Z Databases, and A-Z Journals links on this TUC Library webpage (find the links under RESOURCES, below, and to the left under SELECTED TOOLS). Before being taken to the resource, you will be prompted to first login to OpenAthens with your TouroOne login credentials (or your OpenAthens account if you do not have a TouroOne account). Once you login, you will then be redirected to your chosen resource. Please contact the Library if you have access questions or problems.
PHOTOCOPIES, PRINTING FROM LIBRARY MATERIALS: The Library Computer Lab with computers and printers will be available for self-service up to 3 persons at a time. To the degree allowed by Copyright Law, the Library will make photocopies or chapters from TUC Library print materials and send by mail. Please follow the instructions above under MAILING SERVICE.
*Please Note: General printing (e.g. of class notes, resumes) is provided by the TUC IT Dept. and such printing requests need to be sent to: TUC.Remote.Printing@touro.edu.
Streaming movies can be found
in the Library catalog and on the
MAIN DESK: 707-638-5300
Email us: email@example.com
CONNECT WITH US
LIBRARY NEWS POSTS
Check out the Library's
ASIAN PACIFIC AMERCIAN HERITAGE MONTH RESOURCE LIST!
NEW JOURNALS AT THE LIBRARY!
Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning
CONTINUUM: Lifelong Learning in Neurology
Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics
New Acquisitions Lists
Library News Posts
Copyright 2005 - 2020, Touro University, All Rights Reserved.