TOURO UNIVERSITY CALIFORNIA LIBRARY
CURRENT LIBRARY HOURS & OPERATIONS
*Please remember that entrance to the Library requires your TUC electronic access card.*
Check-out of materials, use of computers and printers are available.
RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED FOR STUDY SEATS & ROOMS
CURRENT LIBRARY HOURS
Mondays - Thursdays: 8 am - 8 pm
Fridays: 8 am – 3 pm
Saturdays & Sundays: CLOSED
As usual, all Library e-resources are available online 24/7.
CURRENT RULES & EXPECTATIONS FOR LIBRARY USE
*These rules may be revised if campus guidelines change. *
- Social Distancing should be maintained at all times while in the Library.
- Face masks are required at all times while in the Library, except in offices or study rooms with only one occupant and door closed.
- No group study is allowed at this time.
- Seating will be limited to 1 person in each of the study rooms and at each of the study tables, and standing desks. Couches in the Library will temporarily not be available for use because of the difficulty of disinfecting them.
- Seating and use of the 10 Library study rooms will be limited to 1 person each.
- Reservations for the Library’s study rooms, study tables, and carrels may be made on the online Library reservation system for up to 4 one-hour blocks per day.
- Library study rooms, tables, carrels may be reserved 1 week in advance.
- Anyone coming to the Library to use a study room, study table, or carrel who has not made a reservation prior to coming to the Library, will be asked to select an available study room, study table or carrel and make a reservation before using the room, carrel, or table. This is in case contact tracing is necessary.
- Users of Library tables, carrels or study rooms are asked to disinfect the Library table space they have used prior to leaving the space. The Library has disinfectant supplies available by the Library front entrance.
- Use of the Library computer lab will be limited to 3 persons maximum at one time.
- The stacks aisles, vending room, and restrooms are each limited to 1 person at a time.
- The Library will provide disinfectant to patrons to use for cleaning table and spaces prior to use.
- No food is allowed in the Library except for closed-container beverages.
- Reference service will continue to be offered via Zoom, e-mail, or by phone
CURRENT LIBRARY SERVICES
MAILING SERVICE: Mailing of print books including print Reserve books is available. Simply email your request to the Library's general address: email@example.com. Be sure to include your mailing address as well as the full title of the book and the edition (if applicable).
RESERVE MATERIALS: If the Library has only one print copy on Reserve, it will be made available for check-out--not for mailing--for a 2-day check-out. Any Reserve materials for which the Library has more than 1 print copy, will be available for mailing with a one-week check-out. Please follow the instructions above under Mailing Service.
RETURN AND RENEWAL OF LIBRARY MATERIALS: All items you have currently checked out may be returned to the Library book-drop located at the front of the Library, or you may mail them back to the Library at the following address: Library, Touro University California, 1310 Club Drive, Vallejo, CA 94592. If you want to renew a book you currently have checked-out, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to renew the book for you.
INTERLIBRARY LOAN: The Library is using a new interlibrary loan service called CLIO. If you have not already, you will need to register for an interlibrary loan account by signing in with your TouroOne or OpenAthens login and filling out your email address and program information. Once registered, please submit your article and book chapter requests on your interlibrary loan dashboard. Follow the Interlibrary Loan link under SERVICES to connect to the Library's new interlibrary loan service. Please note, our ILL partner libraries are not lending print books so we still cannot process requests for physical books.
REFERENCE: Reference continues to be available only through Zoom, email, or phone. To find your subject librarian, visit the LIBRARY DIRECTORY or send an email to our general Library address: email@example.com.
ELECTRONIC RESOURCES: To access TUC's electronic resources (ebooks, databases, online journals, streaming films) from off campus, please make sure to link to them from the Library Catalog, A-Z Databases, and A-Z Journals links on this TUC Library webpage (find the links under RESOURCES, below, and to the left under SELECTED TOOLS). Before being taken to the resource, you will be prompted to first login to OpenAthens with your TouroOne login credentials (or your OpenAthens account if you do not have a TouroOne account). Once you login, you will then be redirected to your chosen resource. Please contact the Library if you have access questions or problems.
PHOTOCOPIES, PRINTING FROM LIBRARY MATERIALS: The Library Computer Lab with computers and printers will be available for self-service up to 3 persons at a time. To the degree allowed by Copyright Law, the Library will make photocopies or chapters from TUC Library print materials and send by mail. Please follow the instructions above under MAILING SERVICE.
*Please Note: General printing (e.g. of class notes, resumes) is provided by the TUC IT Dept. and such printing requests need to be sent to: TUC.Remote.Printing@tu.edu.
Streaming movies can be found
in the Library catalog and on the
MAIN DESK: 707-638-5300
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
CONNECT WITH US
LIBRARY NEWS POSTS
Reserve Your Study Space at the Library Today!
The Library is now open for limted hours and use. Single occupant study spaces are available by reservation.
Mon-Thurs: 8 am-8 pm
Friday: 8 am - 3 pm
Sat & Sun: CLOSED
Please note, no group study is allowed at this time.
To make your reservation, please CLICK HERE
Action in teacher Education is now available through the TUC Library.
Journal of Teacher Education is now available through the TUC Library.
Telemedicine & E-Health is now available through the TUC Library.
Academic Video Online is here!
We now have access to over 70,000 streaming videos, including documentaries, feature films, interviews, performances, news programs and newsreels, skills-based training video, demonstrations, and more!
ProQuest Research Companion
Do you want to know how to find, access, and use high-quality information for your research projects? If so, we've got your back! ProQuest Research Companion will help you do this and more!
NEJM Catalyst: Innovations in Care Delivery now available through the Library
The Library now subscribes to the new journal from New England Journal of Medicine, NEJM Catalyst: Innovations in Care Delivery. You can find it by searching in A-Z Journals, and on the A-Z Database list.
NOTE: First time users, please accept the Terms & Conditions to be taken to the journal's homepage.
The New PubMed is here!
To see the TUC Library Full-Text buttons, please update your saved PubMed links and bookmarks to:
Contact us at email@example.com
New Acquisitions Lists
Library News PostsArchive -Library News Posts 2014-2017
Copyright 2005 - 2020, Touro University, All Rights Reserved.